Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Journey to Brunei Darussalam 2007

I'm not really a traveling person, but travel seems fun for me and I would really like to go everywhere around the world to see what's out there. One of the few countries that I've ever went was our little neighbour, the Sultanate of Brunei! I went there with my cousins and friend on a road trip!
Brunei was a sultanate state just south of the state of Sabah, It' a wealthy nation because of oil. Citizens have free healthcare, free gas, and once, there was a free theme park as well! but this theme park called Jerudong Park would eventually deteriorate and turned into a Ghostown-like situation due to the Sultan's brother's corruption scandal. Oh man, I'm beginning to sound like a politician or something...without delay! enjoy the pics!


6 stars hotel's internal structure.

it's huge and elegant I must say.

outside of the hotel.

with no one is inside the Theme park, we can actually climb out.

our room in 6 stars hotel.

the once free theme park of Jerudong park, now it's like a ghosttown, the roller coaster is broken, pirate ship sold, most of the attractions are not functioning..><
6 stars hotel's swimming pool..

Jerudong Park's only functioning attraction?

Road trip to Brunei, through ferry in Sarawak.

mountains in Sarawak, quite different from Sabah.

my sleepy counsin on the left, and my happy cousin on the right.

I must be watching TV in the so called 6 stars hotel.

fell in to the bathtub.