Friday, September 26, 2008

National Service( Khidmat Negara) 2005

Another interesting experience of my life is my participation of the Malaysian National Service. I was one of the 'lucky' ones that was drafted to join this programme and I actually went to a camp somewhere 20 minutes from my house, which is quite near. Moreover, I went there with a whole lot of known friends! classmates and schoolmates.
The purpose of this National Service is not about conscription, that they wanted to train you and prepare for war, but instead it's about how to live together harmoniously in a culturally, ethnically,and religiously diverse society( at least that's what they say, the politicians are hungry in my opinion).
Well, I enjoyed my time there, meeting new friends, always skip marching and training session, even the officer there allowed me to do so, not everyone has such privileges because the officer would normally scold and ask them out if someone skip!


We called ourselves 'the triad'. LOL.

Madam Ooi and Mr.Ong(teachers) visited us in camp.

Trainees.

Community service with friends.

'teethless' trainer.

'pirates'

gangs of trainess.

colourful portrait.

act fierce.

pirates again?


No comments: