Wednesday, July 15, 2009

experienced Earthquake in Dunedin, New Zealand

Unbelievable, for the first time in my life I felt an earthquake!
As usual, I was lying on my table using my laptop. suddenly, the table was kind of shaky then I thought it was my body somehow 'twitching'. then I get my body off the table then and still sat on the chair, but my body was still shaking which made me thought that my butt was actually 'twitching'. Then I heard some strange sounds, I looked around then see all my tables, cupboard, and clothes are actually shaking. Thus, I concluded that this was really an earthquake.
Although it's an earthquake, the intensity appears to be low and there will not be any damage to the buildings and structures around New Zealand. I was informed that the epicenter of the quake was at Fiordland and there's tsunami going on all over the West Coast of New Zealand. Fortunately, the West Coast is sparsely populated.
This is indeed one of a kind experience for me, because so far I believe Sabah is safe from any earthquake or major disasters. Let's hope Sabah remains safe!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

So fast already blog about the earthquake. LOL~!

I pernah experience earthquake in Malaysia like many years ago.

Wasted didn't feel it here.

WarsongLord said...

what? Malaysia has earthquake? no way!
that means Sabah is the safest place in Malaysia because there's no earthquake to date..lol

pEaCe said...

huh..u're safe!! i guess u wouldn't want to get yr 2nd experience..yea, in malaysia, once. can't remember what year. is because of tsunami too.but it just a small quake.

WarsongLord said...

It's a minor one actually, the epicenter is located somewhere else...
West Malaysia had it b4 but Sabah remains safe...wuhoo~ safest place in Malaysia~haha